File encryption program that uses the AES algorithm with 128-bit keys
File encryption for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP using the AES algorithm with 128-bit keys. It combines strong symmetric encryption with compression and double-click editing/viewing.
Encrypted files have a ‘.AXX’ extension added to their names, and are shown with a new icon.
To encrypt a file, right-click it in Windows Explorer and select ‘AxCrypt | Encrypt’. To edit or view an encrypted file – just double-click it. To decrypt, right-click and select ‘AxCrypt | Decrypt’ instead. No configuration is necessary. Run the installer, and AxCrypt is ready to use.
German, English, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian or Swedish will be used for dialogues and messages depending on the language of your system. Documentation and installation scripts are in English.
Here are some key features of “AxCrypt”:
· Double-click to edit/view with any application, with automatic re-encryption when done.
· Extensive optional command-line interface for scripting and programming.
· Integrated shredder.
· Use a regular passphrase and/or a strong key-file.
· Self-decrypting files supported.
· 6 languages in one executable distribution.
· No options or user interface – easy to install and use.
· Absolutely no configuration needed – just use it.
· Secure memory handling – no keys or data in the paging file
· Private branding support for commercial or corporate versions.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Minor bug fixes
· Major upgrade of library code and development-environment to Visual Studio 2005
· Vista support in installer and code
· Fix of problem with networked folders in Windows XP after Microsoft security update
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!