Lock down your browser and prevent unauthorized access to the Internet
While watching the news about all the cyber bullying and crimes that are happening to kids on the Internet I decided to design a program that would help parents as well as businesses protect children by not allowing them on the Internet without supervision. Browser Lock only blocks browser access to the Internet so your kids will still be able to use chat, file sharing programs or play online games.
The idea is to allow them as much freedom to explore and learn about the Internet while providing a safe mechanism in which to do it. Here’s how it works, when you run the program for the first time you will need to create a password. Then when you want to get on the Internet you will need to provide that password.
The Browser Lock application was designed to help you lock down your browser and prevent unauthorized access to the Internet.
Here are some key features of “Browser Lock”:
· Blocks Internet Explorer (Any Version)
· Blocks FireFox (Any Version)
· Blocks Opera (Any Version)
· Blocks Mozilla (Any Version)
· Blocks Safari (Any Version)
· Will NOT block email, chat, file sharing or online video games from Internet access
· Allows you to set a time frame to allow web access via a browser to control usage
· Set a master password at first use. This password will be required when you want to access the Internet
· Helps to protect your kids or employees from Internet abuse
· Puts the parent or manager back in control of Internet use
· Consumes 6MB of memory while running
· Consumes 3MB hard drive space for installation
· 7 days trial
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed bug that was preventing Trial edition from running
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!