This program provides complete security against Internet attacks
FREE Comodo Personal Firewall – Secure your system against internal attacks such as Trojan viruses / malicious software and external attacks by hackers. With a user-friendly single click interface you can allow or block access to the Internet offering complete immunity to attacks and total protection of your personal information.
Comodo Personal Firewall is a software that helps you to protect internet connection and traffic monitor.
Real time traffic monitoring enables you to react instantly to threats and identify bandwidth bottlenecks. Silent Security Technology means no needless alerts with out-of-the-box protection against hackers, Trojans and other unknown threats.
Comodo Personal Firewall is the powerful and effective, easy to manage barrier that keeps hackers out and personal information in. Comodo Personal Firewall helps you connect in a secure way to the internet and global networks.
Here are some key features of “Comodo Firewall Pro”:
· Application Component Authentication – validates all the components of an application before allowing it internet access.
· Application Behavior Analysis – analyzes each application behavior and detects any suspicious activity before allowing internet access.
· Defense against Trojan Protocols – advanced protocol driver level protection
· Smart Alerts – Every alert includes a Security Consideration section with advice to users.
· Windows Security Center Integration – Windows XP SP2 recognizes Comodo Firewall Pro
· Self Protection against Critical Process Termination – cannot be shut down by Trojans, Spyware or viruses.
· PC Security during PC Start Up – includes the option to secure the host while the operating system is booting.
· Automatic Updater – includes an interactive automatic updater component so that users can check for updates any time.
· Error Reporting Interface – includes an XP style bug reporting interface.
· Firewall Logging – reveals all the activities with detailed descriptions of the events.
· Security Rules Interface – combines with an easy to use GUI.
· Application Activity Control – watches each application in detail by showing addresses, ports and amount of traffic.
· Graphical User Interface – enables or disables any part of the firewall with one click
· Application Recognition Database – recognizes over 10000 applications and determines their security risks.
· 64 MB available RAM
· 32 MB of available free hard disk space
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· FIXED! AV engine crashes while scanning some files
· FIXED! Firewall blocks all the traffic in some vista PCs when checksum verification is enabled
· FIXED! Some applications consume 100% CPU while CIS is installed
Reasons why this program is marked as adware:
· (1) Attempts to change the homepage for web browsers installed on the system |
· (2) Attempts to change the default search engine for web browsers installed on the system |
· (3) Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!