A useful tool dedicated to the encryption and protection of your e-mails
Comodo SecureEmail is an application that will automatically encrypt your emails to protect them from being stolen or modified.
Unsecured email messages are rather like sending a postcard written in pencil ··? they can be intercepted, read or edited by anyone along the way. To avoid this, every message sent should be encrypted and signed using a digital certificate.
Unfortunately, the concepts and the steps involved with setting up such a system are often difficult to understand and implement. Not only does a user have to find a trusted CA and sign-up for a certificate – they also need to understand complexities such as creating a certificate request; how to import the certificate into Windows and finally how to configure their mail client to use this certificate.
That’s why Comodo developed SecureEmail, the install-and-forget PKI based application that can automatically encrypt and sign all your outgoing messages.
Featuring full compatibility with Outlook, Thunderbird and other major mail clients, it features a built-in wizard that allows users to easily download then setup a Comodo e-mail certificate. Users will benefit from the security of automatic encryption and signing of their email while the application handles difficult or hard to remember processes such as public-key exchange.
Network administrators looking to implement total client-to-client email security may consider Comodo SecureEmail as a complement to gateway encryption applications which overlook the vulnerability of emails being exchanged within the network.
Here are some key features of “Comodo SecureEmail”:
· Simple and Easy to use. Fast set-up and automatic encryption and signing of outgoing emails makes it easy for even non-technical users to enjoy private and secure messaging
· Session certificates take the application beyond traditional PKI infrastructures by allowing users to encrypt messages even when they don’t have their contacts’ email certificate installed.
· Web reader service – on-line interface allows your recipient to read mail that you encrypted with a session certificate
· Encryption when your mail client doesn’t support encryption – Comodo SecureEmail operates at the network layer and provides encryption and signing capabilities if your mail client doesn’t have encryption in its feature set
· Automatic certificate exchange and installation – SecureEmail’s notification system ensures both sender and recipient are instantly updated with each others certificates
· Built-in wizard for easy sign-up and installation of Comodo E-mail Certificates (Home version allows home and personal users to quickly sign up for a free Comodo email certificate. Pro version of the software enables business customers to easily purchase Comodo corporate e-mail certificates.)
· Automatically imports relevant mail settings from all major mail clients to ensure the fastest possible set-up time
· You’re in control – granular configuration of settings means the application will work to your security preferences, not the other way around.
· 64 MB RAM
· 20 MB Hard Disk Space (30 MB for the x64 version)
· Outlook 2000 and above
· Outlook Express
· Windows Mail
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!