Free files and email encryption software
Crypt4Free is a free files & email encryption program. Crypt4Free uses two encryption algorithms to protect your files: Blowfish & DESX. And “Quick Wipe” secure files erasure algorithm to wipe sensitive files.
Here are some key features of “Crypt4Free”:
· Using two powerful algorithms to encrypt: Blowfish with 448 bit key and DESX with 128 bit key
· Complete .ZIP support (creating .zip archives, browsing & extracting ZIP contents)
· Built in file shredder – i.e. wiping the contents of the original pre-encrypted file beyond recovery to make sure that not even a trace remains after shredding. (matching and exceeding the specifications of the U.S. Department of Defence) to stop hardware recovery tools.
· Ability to send encrypted files via email (MAPI)
· Ability to encrypt text messages to send it via your e-mail program like Outlook Express, Eudora, ICQ and etc
· Ability to assign a riddle with your password inside encrypted file
· Built-in packer to reduce a size of encrypted files.
· Skins support! And one XP like skin
· User-Friendly easy-to-understand Graphical interface designed to hide the complexities of encryption technology from the end user.
· Pentium 166 based IBM PC compatible computer (or higher)
· 32 Mb of free memory
· About 1900 Kb free disk space
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Encryption & Decryption from Shell context menu (AEP PRO): added ability to use symmetric & public PKI files from USB memory stick.
· Added ability to use virtual keyboard (as well as the ability to use binary key files) when decrypting files from shell context menu
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!