Mounts a volume file to create a virtual drive that appears to applications and users like any other physical drive.
CryptoExpert is a software which will make transparent encryption using virtual hard drives.
CryptoExpert uses a real-time on-the-fly encryption system to encrypt and decrypt data. Your files are stored in the encrypted form on virtual hard drive with password authentication, but when it is requested by any application, it gets decrypted on-the-fly.
Conversely, unencrypted data to be stored is encrypted instantaneously and then stored.
The CryptoExpert system mounts a volume file to create a “virtual drive” that appears to applications and users like any other physical drive.
Any data that the user attempts to write to this drive is intercepted by CryptoExpert, encrypted, and written to the volume file.
Attempts to read from this volume are also intercepted, and the relevant data is read by CryptoExpert from the volume file, decrypted, and presented to the application trying to read the data.
Dismounting the CryptoExpert “virtual drive” ensures that data cannot be read from or written to it. All data is stored encrypted within the “container”. As far as windows is concerned, there is a ‘new’ disk that has suddenly appeared.
When the program exists or the volume is unmounted, the file system stays encrypted and there is absolutely no way anyone can recover/get the data without the pass phrase.
Complete support for command line. Support for USB Flash Drives to mount containers without passwords.
Here are some key features of “CryptoExpert 2008 Professional”:
· Access to your files on virtual volume on the fly
· Mapping any free drive letter like G:, F:, K: for virtual volume
· Requires password authentication before the files become accessible
· Works with all Windows application – even DOS applications
· Really Fast
· Looks like normal hard drive
· Several volumes may be mounted at the same time
· Encrypted volumes can be backed up to tape, CD, etc
· Command line interface supports silent program execution, volume mount/dismount
· No need to encrypt/decrypt files. The encryption is transparent.
· Using optimized 32 bit drivers (works under WinNT/2000/XP only)
· Many encrypted containers can be placed on single hard drive and mounted/dismounted on demand
· Supports Blowfish, Rijndael, DES and Triple DES encryption.
· Ability to unmount volumes after specified time of user inactivity (to prevent unauthorized access to important files)
· Ability to unmount all volumes instantly on pressing specified ‘hot’ key
· Windows XP/2000 Hibernate function support
· About 1900 Kb free disk space
· 32 Mb of free memory
· Pentium 166 based IBM PC compatible computer (or higher)
· 30 days trial
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· In this version we’ve added ability to check for bad passwords during container creation. To activate this feature go to menu/options/miscellaneous and check box “Create Container Wizard: check for the presence of password in a dictionary of common words”. For example, when you create new container and want to use “weak” password like “123”, or “john”, CryptoExpert will show warning message. CryptoExpert has own dictionary of 50,000 common words.
· It is recommended to activate this feature.
· Also, this version of CryptoExpert shows a label of current disk in the status area (in file browser).
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!