CryptoFish is an encryption utility that you can use to encrypt/decrypt files and folders to protect them from unauthorized use.
CryptoFish is an encryption utility that allows you to encrypt/decrypt files and folders to protect them from unauthorized use.
CryptoFish uses a 448 bit Blowfish algorithm, which was designed in 1993 by Bruce Schneier as a fast, free alternative to existing encryption algorithms. Since then it has been analyzed considerably, and it is slowly gaining acceptance as a strong encryption algorithm.
CryptoFish was designed to run on Windows 32. It is a 32-bit native application which takes advantage of all the improvements made to the operating system.
Here are some key features of “CryptoFish”:
· Encrypt and decrypt files comfortably in Windows Explorer.
· Encrypt and decrypt folders.
· Open encrypted files by double click as if they were not encrypted.
· Save and load your keys (passwords) so that you don’t have to remember them.
· CryptoFish can remember keys across a session, so that you can enter a key only once and use it until logoff.
· 1.5 MB hard disk space.
· The length of a key (password) is limited to 2 characters.
· Trial reminder appears every time you run CryptoFish.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Drag&Drop Fish for drag and drop encrypting.
· You can drag and drop files on the Drag&Drop Fish to encrypt or decrypt them. Drag&Drop Fish is a small window with a picture of fish. It can be moved to any part of the screen and placed on top of all windows. When you need to quickly encrypt or decrypt a file, just drag it on the fish. If you drag the file with right mouse button, a context menu will appear offering you some choices.
· Improved handling of large files .
There are two modes, when you encrypt/decrypt files:
· a) Replacing file (keep original file option disabled) ? The maximal size of file that can be encrypted depends on the configuration of your system (memory and swap file size) and is about 300 MB.
· b) Encrypting/Decrypting to a new file (keep original file option enabled) ? The maximal size of a file that can be encrypted is more than 1 GB.
· Improved user interface.
· other improvements and fixed bugs
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!