A suite of strong encryption tools for personal and professional security.
CryptoForge is a strong encryption software that was created for personal and professional security. It allows you to protect the privacy of your sensitive files, folders, or email messages, by encrypting them with up to four strong encryption algorithms.
Once the information has been encrypted, it can be stored on insecure media or transmitted on an insecure network -like the Internet- and still remain secret. Later, the information can be decrypted into its original form. CryptoForge integrates the strongest encryption available today into the Windows environment.
The file encryption module enables you to encrypt, decrypt, and wipe (with the built-in file shredder) files of any type, as well as entire folders and drives, from within Windows Explorer or My Computer with right-click ease. The file encryption module handles files of any type and size, on any kind of drive, on both local and network resources.
The text encryption module includes a secure text editor that allows you to create, encrypt, and decrypt documents in a way that they can be sent by any email, messenger, or chat program. You can also use the built-in SMTP client. CryptoForge documents can contain embedded files, images, sound clips, spreadsheets, and objects in general.
CryptoForge provides four strong encryption algorithms: 448-bit Blowfish, 256-bit Rijndael (AES), 168-bit Triple DES, and 256-bit Gost. It also includes powerful compression to strengthen cryptographic security even more.
The command-line interface allows quick integration into automated processes and scripts, providing both interactive and non-interactive server running modes. Complementing the command line interface, a built-in visual tool allows you to build command line parameters without having to learn the syntax for these parameters.
Here are some key features of “CryptoForge”:
· Based on open source, public domain encryption algorithms. The strong cryptography employed by CryptoForge is the best available today.
· Impracticable brute-force attack – If one billion computers were each searching one billion keys per second, it would take over 10^24 years to recover information encrypted with a 168-bit algorithm (the age of the universe is 10^9 years).
· Allows multiple encryption – Your information will be safe, even if in the future an algorithm is successfully attacked.
· Built-in powerful predictive compression ? Compression strengthens cryptographic security.
· Built-in file shredder ? Matches and exceeds DoD specifications (U.S. Department of Defense).
· Built-in secure text editor with WYSIWYG functionality ? CryptoForge Text allows you to create, encrypt, and decrypt documents (that can contain embedded files) in a way that they can be sent via any e-mail, or text messenger program.
· No back doors or escrow keys ? There is absolutely no way of recovering your information without the correct passphrase, so be careful not to forget your passphrase.
· Intuitive, easy-to-use interface ? Minimized learning curve.
· Shell integration ? Relieves the user of overloaded interfaces and a myriad of not really needed windows and dialog boxes.
· Dynamic context and shortcut menus with drag and drop functionality.
· Works with files of any type, on any kind of drive, even on network drives.
· Passphrase caching ? CryptoForge doesn’t require that you enter your passphrase every time you want to encrypt or decrypt. It can store the passphrase in memory for a user-specified time-out period.
· Ciphers speed indicator ? Provides more information for the user to choose the encryption algorithm(s).
· Filename encryption ? CryptoForge can encrypt the name of the file along with the file contents and replace it with a randomly generated filename.
· Supports 64-bit file sizes ? CryptoForge can encrypt, decrypt, and wipe, files of up to 8,589,934,591GB in size (on NTFS volumes).
· Passphrase quality indicator ? Estimates the quality of your passphrase or password.
· Property page for encrypted files shows valuable information.
· 30 days trial
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Major update. Adds full support for 64-bit systems
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!