On-the-fly disk encryption – create virtual encrypted disk to protect your data
Dekart Private Disk is an easy to use , powerful and useful disk encryption utility that lets you to transparently encrypt proprietary data. Dekart Private Disk creates one or more virtual disks on your hard drive and/or other external storage devices.
Once a user creates a virtual encrypted disk, that disk is assigned a new drive letter and appears to the user like any other system drive (like the A: or C: drive).
When the disk is mounted, the data is automatically encrypted and decrypted when the user writes or reads this data respectively. Dekart Private Disk encrypts and decrypts all data stored on the encrypted disk with virtually no performance penalty.
When the disk is unmounted, either manually or by logging out of Windows, the secure data it contains becomes completely unreadable and undetectable by the operating system.
Dekart Private Disk minimizes your security risks by employing encryption algorithms, certified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology as corresponding to Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Secure Hash Standard (SHA-1).
Dekart Private Disk allows you to store your information on a host of media such HDD, FDD, CD, CD/R, CD/RW, MO, MD, ZIP-disks, flash drives, all types of flash memory cards, PDAs, and even digital cameras.
You have the flexibility to allow multiple users to share a single PC.
Default Hot keys:
Ctrl+F12 – deactivates virtual encrypted disk
Ctrl+Alt+F12 – deactivates virtual encrypted disk and exit the application
Here are some key benefits: of “Dekart Private Disk”:
· Ease of use – designed for people with no knowledge in security, for busy people having no time to mess with encryption. Perfect for daily use.
· Reliability – securely protects your information without disrupting your normal work. Uses most powerful acknowledged algorithm known today, Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm.
· Mobility – allows securing file on most types of removable and fixed media. (Read more at How to encrypt a USB flash drive, CD, DVD and access it on any computer … page).
· One step data protection – you start securing your data immediately after installing the software, without wasting time for additional learning.
· Intuitive user interface. The system tray menu, ability to manage multiple disks at the same time and integration with Windows explorer makes the encryption of proprietary information easy and seamless.
· Designed for non-security experts using transparent on-the-fly encryption of data.
· One step installation lets user start securing their private data immediately.
· Allows to encrypt data on FDD, CD, CD/R, CD/RW, MO, MD, ZIP-disks, flash drives, all types of flash memory cards, PDAs, and digital cameras.
· Large encryption capacity – up to 2GB disk size for Windows 95/98/ME and up to 4TB for Windows NT/2000/XP. Encrypted volumes can be mounted and dismounted at any time.
· Protects your important files and folders from unsolicited viewing with strong 256-bit AES encryption.
· 133 MHz Pentium-compatible CPU
· 10 MB of free hard disk space
· 32 MB of memory
· 30 days trial
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· the LNK and PIF extensions were added to the list of allowed applications,added drag’n’drop feature to connect an encrypted disk,added password quality meter
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!