Easy-to-use, secure and reliable disk encryption. Protect your private data
Dekart Private Disk Multifactor is a volume-based, on-the-fly disk encryption application, which enhances the strong NIST-certified AES 256-bit encryption algorithm with a second and third biometric authentication factor ? a smart card or token, and a biometric device.
It is possible to use only two authentication factors, namely a PIN code protected USB token or smard card, used to store all necessary data to decrypt the encrypted data. You can at any time decide to start using biometric authentication, the third factor.
Smart card and biometric technologies take data security to the next level, making it impractical to conduct brute-force attacks. A smart card or token will block itself after an incorrect PIN was entered multiple times; while biometric verification ensures that even if the PIN of a lost or stolen token is known, the data are still well-guarded.
All this makes Private Disk Multifactor the best secure data storage software to prevent unauthorized data access.You no longer risk forgetting the password, as all encryption keys are securely stored on a PIN code protected smart card. This ensures that critical business information will never get into wrong hands.
The contents of a virtual disk are additionally protected by Disk Firewall, a unique proactive defense mechanism that guards your private data from Trojans, viruses or other types of malware. The Firewall controls which applications are allowed to access the encrypted drive. If a specific application is not found in the user-defined white-list of programs, it will be unable to read or alter the contents.
Here are some key benefits of “Dekart Private Disk Multifactor”:
· Hacker and virus protection
· Anti-spyware ? your confidential information will not be sent across the Internet.
· Anti-theft protection
· Cost-effective and reliable way to achieve Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA compliance
· High-level security ? protects your encrypted data from viruses or other malware even if your antivirus didn’t manage to detect the threat .
This encryption software supports a wide range of smart cards, tokens, and biometric devices, making it easy to choose the hardware which suits your needs in a better way. This also allows you to build a cost-effective solution.
This encryption software is compatible with virtually any version of Windows, including the latest 64-bit releases of Windows XP and Windows 2003.
The encryption program’s mobility allows it to be used in conjunction with a broad range of portable media, for instance: USB flash drives, flash memory cards, DVDs, or digital mp3 players, such as the iPod.
Private Disk Multifactor becomes a true USB encryption program, as it can be launched directly from the removable media, without having to be installed on the computer, meaning that you can work safely with your data, no matter where you are.
Here are some key features of “Dekart Private Disk Multifactor”:
· Smart cards, tokens and biometric devices of various types are supported, allowing you to build a custom, cost-effective data protection solution which suits your needs best;
· Disk Firewall: protects your private data from illegal copying, viruses and spyware by maintaining a white-list of applications which are allowed to access the encrypted disk;
· 64-bit platform compatibility: The Dekart encryption software works with Windows x64, on AMD64 and IA-64 systems. At the same time, this program is able to run on older versions of Windows, including Windows 95;
· NIST certification of all the cryptographic components applied in the software: AES 256-bit encryption and SHA-2 hashing;
· Encrypted backups: create compressed encrypted backups of your private data, making disaster recovery an easy process. Backups are also a common corporate policy;
· Autorun and Autofinish applications: simplify your tasks and save your time by automating the execution of specific applications located on the encrypted drive;
· Data wiping: securely erase your encrypted data, making sure that recovery tools will fail to obtain fragments of your encrypted files.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now you can mount multiple disks at the same time, using different keys;
· The encryption program works with password-protected virtual disks, as well as encrypted disks unlocked with tokens, smart cards, or other keys;
· Proactive security powered by Disk Firewall;
· Flexible action automation with Autorun and Autofinish.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!