Device Seizure is a useful tool that will examine cell phone and PDA data forensically
Device Seizure is a useful tool that will examine cell phone and PDA data forensically.
Digital forensics has taken a giant leap forward with the evolution of Device Seizure. By combining the technologies of Paraben’s PDA Seizure & Paraben’s Cell Seizure, investigators now have access to a powerful forensic investigation tool for handheld devices. Unlike data management software turned forensic tool, Device Seizure has its roots in digital forensics with such things as PDD (Palm DD command line acquisition), deleted data recovery, full data dumps of certain cell phone models, logical and physical acquisitions of PDAs, data cable access, and advanced reporting.
Accessing phones via IrDA and Bluetooth is like performing a computer forensic exam on a machine connected to the Internet…you open your case up to doubt and suspicion. With support for more devices than ever before and the addition of Symbian 6.0 support, no toolbox will be complete without Device Seizure.
Here are some key features of “Device Seizure”:
· Comprehensive easy-to-use interface
· USB and serial support
· Comprehensive data acquisition of text messages, address books, call logs, and more
· Recovers deleted data
· Verification of file integrity with use of MD5 and SHA1 hash values
· Built-in file viewing of proprietary files
· Multi-language (Unicode) support for languages such as Arabic, Russian, Chinese, etc.
· Built-in searching and bookmarking
· Text and Hex viewing options available for data
· Analyzes PDA data files stored on PCs
· Built-in recovery Palm password (prior to Palm OS 4.0)
· Windows CE registry viewer
· Acquires complete GSM SIM card information including deleted data
· Full flash download for certain models of cell phones
· Image viewing for graphic information, including data carving for multi-media files for most devices
· Comprehensive HTML reporting
· Encrypted image files to guarantee image integrity
· Text searching (including Unicode) and hex information in the acquired data
· Export acquired data to PC
· Viewing acquired data with external viewer
· Import of databases acquired with PDA Seizure, Cell Seizure and SIM Card Seizure
· Comparing 2 databases to verify differences in their structure
· Includes a free 60 day subscription with purchase
· 30 days 23 executions, 30 MB of acquired data for PDAs, and single area of acquisition for Cell Phones
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!