It enables boot protection, protection of partitions and low-level protection
Disk Password Protection: a comprehensive suite of hard-drive protection/access restriction tools. Protect your disk/partitions with a password, ban all reading/writing activity, limit launch of specified files to authorized personnel only.
Disk Password Protection offers users the option to choose what kind of protection they need.HDD Password Protection is a security tool that allows you to protect partitions and passwords.
First is the Boot Protection. When chosen, any unauthorized person will not be able to boot a computer without entering the correct password. The program also offers Partition Protection.
Any person can chose to have one or several partitions where all confidential information is stored.
When protection is activated, the partition will be invisible to the operating system and the disk space taken up by sensitive data will appear as free disk space.
The Low-Level Protection option allows users to blocks all attempts to read/write to/from the protected disk.
The drive itself will appear as if it were just manufactured and is not formatted to perform any operations. This protection works only for ATA-compatible disks and must be activated in MS-DOS.
(Important! If you forget your password for Low-Level Protection, you’ll have to throw the hard-drive away and get a new one, because there will be no way to retrieve a single byte of information, not by any means.)
Here are some key features of “HDD Password Protection”:
· Boot protection.
· The computer will boot from a protected disk only after the valid password is entered.
· Partition protection.
· A protected partition is invisible on the disk and unavailable for read/write operations.
· Low-level protection.
· A protected hard disk is blocked against any read/write operations on the hardware level.
· Password-protected launch.
· This feature will allow you to restrict other users’ access to the program on your computer.
· The program allows you to enter a password hint.
· The hint will help you recall your forgotten password. There are no other ways to recover it or to disable protection without the password.
· SDK for software developers.
· SDK allows you to use the functionality of Disk Password Protection in applications where there is a need to protect information on media.
· 30-day trial period
· Only the password “demo” can be used when enabling protection or changing the password
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Windows Vista support improved.
· Several improvements in the user interface.
See Demo – Download – Visit Author Site
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!