Is a program intended to increase security on computers.
Protector2 is a tool that intends to increase security on Windows computers. Computer secured with Protector2 will gain some security features which are common to secure systems like Unix or Windows NT.
Protector will enforce the specified user rights for file system on your computer and protect system registry from changes that could damage Protector itself or change system policy settings.
Protector2 can be configured to recognize users that are not bothered by the protection. It is possible for example to turn off the user rights and registry protection for selected user(s).
Here are some key features of “Protector2”:
· Control access to your computer ? only allowed users can use the computer.
· Time control ? for allowed users, you can define how long and from what time to what time they can use the computer.
· Access to files ? you can define user rights for files and folders to prevent deleting programs, viewing secret documents and so on.
· Running programs ? define which programs user can run.
· System changes ? prevent users from changing system settings, including for example date and time or start page of Internet Explorer. There are plenty of restrictions available in different categories, which include:
– Desktop: disable changes, hide Recycle bin, disable Active desktop…
– Start menu ? disable changes, hide Run, Find, Settings commands…
– Network ? hide entire network and network neighborhood, disable changes to settings for shared files or printers…
– Software ? disable MS-Dos programs, registry tools?
– Control Panel ? disable access to individual icons or to whole Control panel.
– Display ? disable wallpaper, screensaver or settings changes or disable whole Display panel.
– Printers ? disable adding or deleting printer, disable printer setup.
· Registry protection ? critical items in Windows registry are protected against changes.
· Internet restrictions – define pages which can or can not be visited, limit the time on internet, data transfer and more.
· Monitoring – Protector2 can archive date and time when users logged on/off and attempts to change protected files.
· 2.5 MB free hard disk space.
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Access to the Internet can be restricted.
· Number of logons per day can be limited for users.
· Other improvements and fixed bugs.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!