Personal firewall ia a technology that helps prevent intruders from accessing data on your PC via the Internet or another networ
Personal firewall is a technology that helps prevent intruders from accessing data on your PC via the Internet or another network, by keeping unauthorized data from entering or exiting your system.
Fortunately, you can protect your data. Protoport Personal Firewall can block malicious attacks and protect your PC from outside threats.Protoport Personal Firewall is a protection tool that offer anti-hacker protection.
When you’re connected to the Internet, you’re sending and receiving information in small units called packets. A packet contains the addresses of the sender and the recipient along with a piece of data, a request, a command, or almost anything having to do with your connection to the Internet. But just as with postal mail, not every package that arrives at your computer is one you want to open.
Protoport Personal Firewall examines each data packet sent to or from your computer to see if it meets a set of criteria. The firewall then selectively passes or blocks the packet.
Here are some key features of “Protoport Personal Firewall”:
· The firewall is installed at the lowest possible level as NDIS IM and TDI drivers. All computer network traffic comes through these two drivers. This means your computer will have a two level protection system.
· Protoport Personal Firewall is small and fast. Most filtering is done on driver level. Network performance will not be affected in any way.
· Native support of all popular protocols: ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, IPX, OSPF. Other protocols are supported via their numbers.
· Anti-hacker protection. Protoport Personal Firewall has build-in algorythms that detect hacker attacks like port scan and denial of service (DoS) attacks. Once detected, the attacker is permanently blocked at lowest driver level.
· Black list feature. You can put remote IP adresses and/or local port numbers in black list. Network packets will be blocked regardless any permissive rules.
· User can specify rules for any protocol, local IP, remote IP address, MAC address, application etc.
· Protoport Personal Firewall is extendable. Unlike our competitors, the program does not pickup all extentions it can find. user must confirm using every extention. On startup, program compares checksum of extention, and load it only if extention is recognized.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!