PyKeylogger is primarily designed for backup purposes, but can be used as a stealth keylogger, too.
PyKeylogger is an easy-to-use and simple keylogger written in python. It is primarily designed for backup purposes, but can be used as a stealth keylogger, too. It does not raise any trust issues, since it is a short python script that you can easily examine.
It is primarily designed for personal backup purposes, rather than stealth keylogging. Thus, it does not make explicit attempts to hide its presence from the operating system or the user.
That said, the only way it is visible is that the process name shows up in the task list, so it is not immediately apparent that there is a keylogger on the system.
However, since it also makes periodic writes to disk, and since it openly hooks well-known windows APIs (SetWindowsHookEx), any keylogger detector worth its salt will be able to sniff it out. So basically, it doesn’t exactly advertise itself, but doesn’t hide itself either.
The main goal is to create a “universal backup solution” for everything you type. We have all at one time or another accidentally closed that word or notepad file without saving. We have all lost form data on the web after it failed to submit properly.
Not even mentioning the ever-present threat of computer crash. PyKeylogger logs everything you type, so you can recover the text of anything you type in any application. Simple and elegant, don’t you think?
Here are some key features of “PyKeylogger”:
· Log all keystrokes to disk, to one file, or to multiple files in a directory hierarchy
· Automatically archive logfiles to dated zips
· Automatically send zipped log archives to specified email address[es] (works with GMail and Yahoo Mail secure SMTP servers)
· Automatically write periodic timestamp in logs
· Automatically flush write buffer to disk, to minimize data loss in the event of a crash
· Very customizable, through configuration with a .ini text file
· GUI (graphical) control panel for settings and actions (this is now the recommended way to change settings)
· Password protection of control panel
· Passwords are obfuscated in the configuration file, to prevent casual snooping
· Automatically delete log files older than specified age
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!