An universal and extensible Windows automation program
Quick Macros (QM) is a universal and extensible Windows automation program, designed to make your work more convenient and productive.
With Quick Macros, you can record or create macros to automate repetitive tasks, e.g., insert text, launch programs, simulate clicks on menu items, buttons and links, copy files, automatically close annoying popup windows.
You can program QM to perform complex tasks, e.g., process text, programmatically interact with applications. You can add custom toolbars to any window, use hot keys or mouse movements to switch to another window or show a custom menu.
A macro is a sequence of commands, such as “insert text” or “run file”. It can be quickly created, and no programming experience is required. To enter macro commands, you can use dialogs, write directly, or record.
QM offers many ways to launch macros: hot keys, text, mouse movements, window, scheduler and more. You can also use popup menus and toolbars. QM toolbars can be automatically attached to windows.
An integrated programming language allows extending Quick Macros: you can create functions, classes, applications, windows, new trigger types; use WinAPI, C and other dll functions, COM and type libraries.
Here are some key features of “Quick Macros”:
· Macro commands: sending keystrokes, inserting text, mouse actions, file operations, working with windows and controls, simple and complex delays, messages and dialogs, Internet functions, string manipulation functions, database functions, flow control, and more.
· Macro editor is designed so that creating macros, as well as programming, is especially quick process. Simple interface, auto save, object finder tools, various info features. Macro commands can be entered directly (they are short and easy to remember), or through dialogs, or recorded. Comments, keywords and other identifiers are colored. Mouse position related info in status bar (mouse position, window, control, . . .).
· Programming language: variables of any type, including structures and pointers, functions, callback functions, dll functions, COM, constants, string manipulation methods, classes, and more. Programmers can create functions and complete applications with windows and dialogs, even new trigger types. Shows type-info for functions and types, lists of members and globals. Supports type libraries and ActiveX controls. Highlights errors and gives error description. Can convert macros to standalone programs (exe files).
· Various triggers (events that launch macros): hot keys, text (e.g., replace “.email” to “[email protected]” when typing), mouse click, quick mouse movement to screen edge (12 areas), quick mouse movements in screen (12 movement types/areas), mouse wheel, window events (created, activated, etc), pop-up menus, toolbars, shortcuts, Windows Scheduler or other scheduler app, file, process, event log, and more. Triggers can be global or program-specific.
· You can create pop-up menus and toolbars, and launch macros, files, and commands from them. Toolbars can be free or automatically attached to windows or screen edges. To save space or create an auto-hide toolbar, you can use the “Auto shrink” feature.
· QM can extend the user interface: replace menus with toolbars, use mouse movements to switch to previous window or show menu, etc.
· Other features: recording, importing, exporting, shared files, security, simultaneous execution (multiple threads), dialog editor.
· 30 days trial
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Make exe. Can create standalone programs from macros and functions
· New directives: #out, #warning, #error, #exe. More options in #opt (nowarnings)
· New functions: Http.PostFormData
· New predefined variables and constants
· More options in: ShowDialog (icon, menu, hot-keys, resources), dll (delay-loading), out (clear), scan (handle, resource), LogFile, IntGetFile (callback function), Http.FileGet (callback function), Http.GetUrl (callback function), dir (finds drives), Curta
· Several new dll functions exported by qm.exe
· In dialog procedure now it is not necessary to call DT_Init and other DT_x functions
· File triggers more reliable. Fixed 188.8.131.52 bug with network folders
· Changed End-macro hot-key behavior
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!