Encryption software for Windows Mobile PDAs and PDA Phones.
SecuBox for Pocket PC is the encryption software for protecting private information you carry with you on your Pocket PC or Pocket PC Phone.
SecuBox will protect your confidential business information even when your mobile device is lost or stolen.
Secubox encryption software ensures your contacts, personal and corporate information, customer data as well as ideas and plans will never get into wrong hands. This data protection software takes care of the security of your data by protecting it with strong industry standard AES 256-bit encryption.
SecuBox for Pocket PC encryption software offers exceptional ease of use and would not slow down your performance in any way. Decryption and encryption is totally transparent and requires no action from the user. It transforms the Pocket PC or Pocket PC Phone in a highly secure device, requiring mininum effort and user interaction.
SecuBox is aimed to overcome the drawbacks of Windows Mobile 6.0 encryption and ensure appropriate data redundancy. With its encryption key backup feature users will be able to get legitimate access to the encrypted storage cards even after Pocket PC hard reset or device malfunction.
Encryption key backup also allows administrators to implement secure data recovery procedures in case users forget their password or partially damage the storage media.
Secubox for Pocket PC currently supports the following PDA platforms:
? Windows Mobile 6 Professional
? Windows Mobile 6 Classic
? Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC Phone Edition
? Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC
? Windows Mobile 2002/2003/2003SE/2005
? Windows CE 3.0/4.0/4.1/4.2/5.0/5.2
? Handheld PC 2000 (Windows CE 3.0)
? Pocket PC /2002/2003/Phone Edition
Here are some key features of “SecuBox for Pocket PC”:
· Advanced security algorithms – AES 256-bit encryption algorithm is used for data encryption, SHA 512 – for secret key generation. No knowledge of encryption and cryptography required – designed for security conscious people that value their time.
· Encryption key backup – The backup copy allows restoring the encrypted storage in the cases of password loss or if the storage file has been accidentally corrupted during the operating system failure.
· Support for all types of storage media – SecuBox transparently encrypts all data on removable SD and Compact Flash memory cards.
· Easy installation, maintenance and usage. The program requires minimal administration and user training. It seamlessly integrates into your daily life requiring no change in the way you work with Windows Pocket PC or Pocket PC Phone.
· Note: some devices require a soft reset to run SecuBox properly – please, perform a soft reset after installation.
· On-the-fly transparent encryption – The software features on-the-fly encryption. It creates encrypted virtual storages. When you open a file from a secure storage the data is decrypted on-the-fly, when you save it back on the encrypted storage, the data is automatically encrypted. The encrypted storage looks and works like another Windows Mobile storage card.
· Password strength meter – a good password is one that cannot be guessed. Our advanced algorithms for judging the password’s quality will help you create a strong password to ensure that no one will be able to brute-force it and access the confidential data on your Pocket PC.
· Command line support – automate your daily data protection routines by creating quick links to SecuBox encrypted volumes.
· Storage wiping – secure storage deletion – ensures that deleted data will never be recovered by special recovery tools.
· Change storage properties – you may set up the read only and hidden properties for the encrypted volume.
· Multiple encrypted storages – up to 10 encrypted Windows Mobile volumes may be mounted at the same time.
· System tray menu – allows to quickly mount/unmount the encrypted storages directrly from system tray.
· Close integration with Windows Mobile File Explorer – allows you to access your encrypted data with a single tap on the storage file directly from Windows Mobile File Explorer.
· No back doors – SecuBox Pocket PC encryption software does not include backdoors or escrow keys. Neither we nor any other entities will be able to get access to the encrypted data – regardless of circumstances. Hence, DO NOT forget your password
· Low processor speed required: 150 MHz (>250MHz recommended)
· Processor Type: ARM, MIPS, SH3 compatible
· Available Storage Space needed: > 400Kb on computer hard drive, >400Kb on Pocket PC or smartphone
· ActiveSync: 3.5 or newer for the software installation
· 30 days trial
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· SecuBox 1.3 offers secure data wiping, automatic launch and numerous enhancements that make data protection easy and painless. Improved file browsing, virtual keyboard behaviour, registration procedure.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!