Snare Server provides a central collection facility for Snare Agents and Syslog data
The Snare BackLog application is a program that provides a central collection facility for a variety of log sources, including Snare Agents for Windows, Solaris, AIX, Irix, ISA Server, IIS Server, Lotus Notes (and others), plus any device capable of sending data to a syslog server.
The SNARE BackLog application is free software (freeware), released under the terms of the GNU Public Licence (GPL).
Snare is currently used by hundreds of thousands of individuals, and organisations worldwide. Snare agents are used by many large Financial, Insurance, Healthcare, Defence, AeroSpace, and Intelligence organisations to meet elements of local and federal security requirements, such as:
* ACSI 33
* GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
* Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
* C2 / CAPP
* DCID 6/3
* DIAM 50-4
* DDS-2600-5502-87 Chapter 4
* NISPOM Chapter 8
* California Senate Bill 1386
* USA Patriot Act
* Danish Standard DS-484:2005
* British Standard BS7799
Here are some key features of “Snare Server”:
· Provides a robust collection, analysis, reporting and archival environment, using a web-based interface, and database-based storage
· Event information is received on UDP ports 6161 and 514, and is written to disk based on the users requested filename conventions.
· Configuration and monitoring Graphical User Interface.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Public Release
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!