A firewall that provides a complete, business-strength privacy and hacker protection
CA Personal Firewall will provide a complete, business-strength privacy and hacker protection.
It stops hacker attacks, automatically delivers up-to-the-minute advice about which programs are safe and which are dangerous, blocks annoying pop-ups, controls cookies, and protects you against identity theft.
Here are some key features of “CA Personal Firewall 2009”:
· Application Hardening offers advanced sandboxing technology to protect CA security products from attacks by hackers, allowing the applications to run more safely and securely.
· Secure Now provides proactive protection by monitoring critical program functions and settings, and reminding you to keep your security at an optimal level.
· Personal Firewall Protection offers the same industrial-strength hacker and privacy protection with a more integrated look-and-feel, providing you with seamless and easy to manage personal firewall protection.
· User Interface offers simplicity and superior ease-of-use, helping you quickly and easily set preferences, check program status, and maintain a secure PC.
· Continuous Protection to keep your computer protected from the latest internet risks by automatically renewing your subscription at the then current renewal price (plus applicable tax), so you don’t have to.
· Pre-loaded Security Settings provide optimal protection right out of the box, and reduce Internet firewall warnings for known programs.
· Application Control informs you when programs attempt to access the Internet, and lets you allow or deny access.
· Customized Alerts provide instant recommendations on how to handle programs’ attempts to access the Internet, intrusion attempts, and other security events.
· Automatic Network Detection identifies the addition of a new network, and ensures proper protection for your local network or router configuration.
· Intrusion Blocking recognizes and alerts you to the most dangerous hacker threats.
· Ad Blocking cuts out annoying pop-up and pop-under ads, letting you surf in peace.
· ID Theft Protection allows you to store sensitive personal information, alerts you when it is about to leave your PC through the Internet or email, and allows you to block the transmission if desired.
· Email Protection identifies and quarantines potentially harmful email attachments, and prevents mass-mailing worms from propagating.
· Backup and Restore saves, exports, and imports your entire firewall computer security policy with the click of a button.
· Cache Cleaner removes sensitive browser history and file clutter, making your PC more efficient and protecting your privacy.
· Cookie Control prevents websites from tracking your behavior.
· 256 MB RAM
· 300 MHz or higher processor
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
· 35 MB hard disk space
· CD-ROM drive
· Internet access
· 20 days trial
· Nag screen
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Home Protection Pack – Protect up to 3 PCs.
· New and improved user interface offers simplicity and superior ease-of-use.
· Now based on Tiny Software? technology, widely regarded as best-of-breed firewall software protection.
· Secure Now – provides proactive protection.
· Application Hardening – applications can block hacker attempts and run more safely.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!