WinXAR – powerful security tool that will allows you to encrypt, decrypt, rename automatically
WinXAR software is designed to be a powerful security tool that will allows you to encrypt, decrypt, rename automatically and shred folders and files for Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003. You will not worry about your sensitive or private documents any more, especially when they are emailed or on a removable media like USB stick.
WinXAR is extremely easy to use! To open a encrypted archive simply double click on an archive listed in My Computer or Windows Explorer, drag and drop an archive onto WinXAR, or use the standard Open dialog box. The main WinXAR window features a list with the names, sizes, types, and modified time stamps of files in the directory or in the encrypted archive. This list can be scrolled and sorted on any field. A speed button bar provides fast access to commonly used actions. Extensive context sensitive help is always available.
Double clicking on a file in the main WinXAR window has the same effect as double clicking in My Computer or Windows Explorer. First, the file is extracted from the encrypted file. Then, if the file is executable, it is run. Otherwise, the file is opened by the appropriate application (for example, Notepad for *.TXT files) based on standard Windows associations.
The Windows Drag and Drop interface is fully supported. You can drag and drop files from WinXAR to other applications. The target application will treat the files as if they had been dropped from My Computer or Windows Explorer. You can also drop encrypted archives on WinZip to open them, or drop files on WinXAR to encrypt them.
Here are some key features of “WinXAR”:
· Files are professionally protected by AES encryption algorithms – the US Government standard symmetric encryption algorithm.
· Seamless Windows integration with My Computer and Windows Explorer. Drag and drop to or from Explorer, or encrypt and decrypt without leaving Explorer.
· Files and folders could be shred and deleted to prevent be recovered.
· Rename encrypted file to anonymous names automatically, nobody could guess the meaning of files from their names.
· On screen keyboard allows user to input password using the mouse instead of the keyboard to prevent keyboard “sniffing” software from picking up keystrokes as they are being typed in.
· Simple interface, easy to use.
· 30 days trial
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!