Bulletproof intrusion detection and personal firewall protection to your PC
BlackICE firewall solution is recommended for non-technical users. The programs has very few customiziong options.
BlackICE teams a personal firewall with an advanced intrusion detection system to constantly watch your Internet connection for suspicious behavior. BlackICE responds immediately by alerting you to trouble and instantly blocking the threat.
BlackICE PC Protection now features Application Protection, an exciting new feature designed to shield your PCs, laptops and workstations from hijack by an attacker, and protects you from Trojan horse applications, worms and other destructive threats.
BlackICE’s Application Protection quickly and invisibly defeats dangerous programs that attackers deliver through instant messaging, email, or even your Web browser! BlackICE stops these destructive programs before they do harm-like damaging your PC or launching email attacks against your friends and co-workers.
BlackICE automatically detects and blocks attacks through a comprehensive inspection of all inbound and outbound information to your computer. And BlackICE PC Protection is constantly working to secure your dial-up, DSL, and cable modem from hackers 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Here are some key features of “BlackICE PC Protection cnw”:
? Professional-strength protection from hackers for your home PC
? An advanced Intrusion Detection System (IDS) Plus a Firewall!
? Easy installation and “out-of-the-box” protection means you’re instantly protected
BlackICE PC Protection Guards and Secures Against:
? Theft of personal identity, passwords or credit card info and more…
? Hackers using your PC to launch attacks against other PC users
? Computer downtime and system crashes
BlackICE STOPS ATTACKERS COLD
? BLOCKS hacker attacks instantly
? PREVENTS destructive applications like worms and Trojans from ever starting
? REPORTS attempted attacks and identifies intruders
? SECURES any Internet connection, including dial-up, DSL, or cable modem
ISS highly recommends that you perform a full virus/Trojan scan of your system before installing BlackICE PC Protection to keep destructive applications out of your trusted applications database.
Please note: We recommend that you uninstall your BlackICE Product BEFORE you upgrade to any Windows operating system. BIRemove.exe will delete all files and folders in the folder that BlackICE is installed in. If you installed BlackICE in its default folder, BIRemove.exe will work as expected.
If non-BlackICE programs or files are stored in the default BlackICE folder, move them before running this program or they will be deleted too. If you installed BlackICE into any folder other than its default folder, your safest option for uninstalling is to use Add/Remove Programs.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The performance of the base64 decoding algorithm has been improved.
· A false negative in the ACE parser has been corrected.
· A false negative in HTTP_IE_ADODB_Stream_SaveToFile has been corrected.
· A signal 11 was addressed in the flood tracking logic of PAM.
· The Compound File parser was modified to eliminate a possible source of false negatives.
· A false positive in HTTP_IExplorer_Command_Exec has been corrected.
· A false positive in HTTP_POST_repeated_char has been corrected.
· The default configuration for the Proventia M sensor has been updated. The Email_Error, Email_Virus_Double_Extension, and Email_Executable_Extension signatures are now disabled by default. Synflood detection and protection is now enabled by default.
· The processing of 802.3ad VLAN q-in-q traffic is now supported, if the pam.vlan.q_in_q tuning parameter is set to true.RFC 3032 support has been improved to support the processing of MPLS-encapsulated VLAN traffic.
· A false positive in LPD_Control_File_Overflow has been corrected.
· A false positive in HTML_MSXML_Memory_Corruption was corrected.
· Deprecated the TCP_Multiple_Syns and TCP_Seq_OutOfRange signatures
· An issue that can cause iss-netengine to throw a SEGV and restart has been addressed in the HTTP parser.
· Additional CLSIDs were added to HTML_IE_ActiveX_Loader_Heap_Corruption.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!