Protects your computer from Spyware, Trojan horses, keyloggers and other dangerous internet programs
The Online Armor product was designed to be a revolutionary software that will protect your system against Spyware, Malware, Trojans and Phishing attacks. Instead of using patterns to identify programs (letting unknown threats run silently in the background) Online Armor uses a unique combination of behaviour analysis and white list of safe programs.
When Online Armor detects a new program or potentially unwanted behaviour, the user is immediately alerted and can prevent the program running. The extensive white list prevents unnecessary pop-ups, making Online Armor quick, simple and unobtrusive.
Here are some key features of “Online Armor Personal Firewall AV plus”:
· Online Armor’s new personal firewall provides awesome protection from inbound threats and complete control of data leaving your computer for the internet. In standard mode, most decisions are made completely automatically based on Online Armor’s whitelist – meaning that you never need answer a complex firewall prompt again.
· New in Online Armor version 2 – Autoruns management allows you to control which programs start automatically with your computer. This can be used to help defeat spyware (it must start sometime) as well as optimize your computer’s performance.
· Malicious programs are getting tougher and tougher and often attack other programs (including security programs) to do their nasty deeds. Online Armor has a process guard function which guards not only itself against tampering, but protects other programs from malicious code.
· Keyloggers are designed to capture keystrokes while users enter personal information such as passwords and account numbers on financial and other secure Web sites. Online Armor protects your passwords and private information from being stolen by blocking the keylogger as it tries to activate. Online Armors behaviour detection ensures that even specially created or new keyloggers are detected and prevented.
· “Phishing” is the name of a scam which uses fake emails and websites to trick users into disclosing personal information. Online Armor checks inbound mail for tricks used by scammers and, depending on the certainty it will warn you or remove the email. The mail filter works with any email client that supports POP3 or IMAP, including Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, The Bat, Incredemail, Eudora and others.
· Many websites use tricks to install dangerous software on your computer. The type of software can range from the irritating display of popup advertising, through to software designed to steal information or defraud you. Online Armor inspects every page you visit and checks to see if any dangerous objects are present. If they are, you are alerted and have the opportunity to block them. Online Armor’s web filter works with any web browser on your computer? including those embedded in other programs.
· Online Armor’s “Cookie Cutter” transparently removes “tracking” cookies from sites you visit to guard your privacy. It does this by converts these to harmless “Session” cookies that your web browser will delete at the end of the session. Of course, sites you trust are allowed to store cookies in line with the settings in your chosen web browser.
· Web sites you trust can be added to your trusted sites list. When a site is on your trusted site list, you’ll never receive popup warnings unless a potential security problem is detected.
· Sites that are dangerous, but you may want to visit anyway can be marked as untrusted. Sites on your untrusted list have strict validations performed against them and potentially dangerous content is automatically removed.
· The program blocker gives you control of which programs are allowed to run on your computer. Known safe programs, such as MS Office will automatically be allowed to run and dangerous programs will give a red warning popup so you can prevent them from running. If a new program is detected, you have the option to allow, block or get more information and you can always change your mind. If you block a program while it is still running, Online Armor will stop it and prevent it running in future.
· If spyware gets onto your computer? perhaps because you have accidentally allowed it, Online Armor will allow you to remove it. Unwanted extensions to internet explorer can be removed with a mouse-click. Unwanted programs can be blocked with the program blocker, or removed completely (along with all of the files they created).
· Online Armor will alert you if programs try to change your homepage in Internet Explorer or Firefox. While this is not really much of a security threat, it’s an annoyance when it occurs when spyware infects your computer.
· Some spyware installs itself into internet explorer where it can monitor what you type, which sites you visit and even change what you see in the web browser or modify your search results. Online Armor detects a variety of Internet Explorer extensions and lists them. From here, you may easily delete them if desired. If any program attempts to install itself into Internet Explorer, Online Armor will alert you and give you the opportunity to block it.
· For high-value sites you need to protect, such as Online Banking sites Online Armor’s DNS Checker ensures you’re visiting the site you think you are. It compares the DNS results from your local machine against a trusted third-party server. This stops programs from manipulating your windows settings to misdirect you to fake sites.
· Similar to the DNS Check, Online Armor checks your HOSTS file and alerts you if anything changes. The hosts file can also be used to make your web browser visit sites other than the one you intended.
· Perhaps the best feature of Online Armor is its simplicity. All of the features work transparently, quietly and with minimum setup and fuss. You don’t need to be a computer expert to use Online Armor.
· 30 days trial
NOTE: Problems installing? Use this trial key : ae1113cae47b93b1d9eafd3640e81c58
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!