Disk encryption software for data security, privacy and protection.
R-Crypto is very useful application which allows users to protect their confidential information and personal data on a desktop, notebook, or a removable data storage device against unauthorized access.
R-Crypto protects the data by creating encrypted on-the-fly virtual disks (virtual data storage devices). That means that the data is being automatically encrypted just before it is being written to the disk and is being automatically decrypted right after it is being read from the disk without user intervention.
That is the data is being encrypted and decrypted in real time and fully transparently to the user. All data (such as file and folder names, and content of all files) stored on such disks is constantly encrypted. The access to data on the virtual encrypted disk is impossible unless the user provides a correct password. At the same time, all operations for connected virtual encrypted disks do not differ from those for conventional ones.
All data of the encrypted virtual disk is stored together with disk metadata in a file-container. That means that such disk is actually an ordinary file that can be stored on any data storage device, be it a hard drive, USB-disk, CD, DVD, or a network resource.
R-Crypto encrypts data on virtual disks using the cryptographic infrastructure of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
This infrastructure allows the users to use various installable cryptographic service providers, including those that are already pre-installed. For example, Microsoft AES Cryptographic Provider is one of the pre-installed cryptographic service providers in Windows XP and Vista that implements the modern and most secure encryption algorithm Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) with key length of 128, 192, and 256 bits.
Such approach allows the users to select themselves the cryptographic sub-system that satisfies their requirements. It also reduces limitations on the use of R-Crypto in organizations that require certification for such products to meet certain governmental or corporate standards.
Here are some key features of “R-Crypto”:
Simple and easy-to-use interface:
· R-Crypto management panel providing access for the user to all actions of the system.
· Wizard guiding the users through the creation of encrypted disks.
· List of the most frequently connected encrypted disks (can be disabled).
· Convenient operation for changing the size of the encrypted disk.
· Access to encrypted disk control actions outside the R-Crypto management panel directly from the Windows shell (for example, connect/disconnect).
· Special icon for connected encrypted disks in the Windows shell (can be disabled).
· Access to most R-Crypto actions from the Windows system tray.
Safe and reliable data encryption and protection:
· Users can use various cryptographic service providers, both pre-installed in the Windows operating system and available from the third parties.
· Disk free space encryption (can be disabled).
· Wizard to change disk encryption settings.
· Connecting an encrypted disk in the read-only mode.
· Connecting an encrypted disk emulating a “local disk” to provide access for remote users (required for Windows XP and later versions).
· Configurable hot keys to disconnect either all connected encrypted disks, or each disk separately.
· Automatic disconnection of all connected encrypted disk upon user’s logoff.
· Ability to automatically disconnect the encrypted disks upon screensaver startup, entering the hibernation mode, or computer lockup.
· Ability to enforce the disconnection of locked encrypted disks upon automatic disconnection.
· File-containers of the connected encrypted disks are protected against re-writing and deletion.
· Support for system disk utilities (check disk, defragmentation, etc.).
R-Crypto supports the following cryptographic providers and their respective algorithms that are pre-installed in the Windows operating system by default:
· Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic Provider
· Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512)
· Message Digest (MD2, MD4, MD5)
· RSA Data Security’s (RC2, RC4)
· Data Encryption Standard (DES)
· Two Key Triple DES
· Three Key Triple DES
· Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) – 128, 192, and 256 bit key lengths
· The administrative privileges under Win2000/2003/Vista are required during installation.
· 30 days trial
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!